23 January, 2012

Fifth Proposal - Girl's Soccer Varsity Manager


As a young child, I used to dream about being a soccer player for any kind of team, and obviously I was and am passionate about soccer, also known as football. Before i came to the Philippines, such was merely a dream. I came here, and attended school for nearly 7 years. As I grew older, I faced with various opportunities for me to attend the varsity team for soccer. My coaches - Mr. Mike MacLean and Mr. Mike Ambrose, although I was 8th grader, gave me chances to participate in the school's varsity squad, and I have been continuing to be a part of team. They also will be my supervisor for this activity.

Over the years, my passion for soccer not only taught various life lessons, but also provided self-guidance which kept me going. My admiration for my coaches also grew bigger. Then I thought what if I can help out my coaches and can be like them? Frankly, I wanted to learn from my coaches - what it takes to be a coach of a team. So I want to become a team manager, one who helps coaches teach the girl's varsity team members. The girl's varsity team is usually known for hardworking, but lacking experiences. Although I am not very experienced enough, I want to help the members to learn or to take at least something from my experiences. I also want to help the girl's team through serving as an effective translator. Often times, new comers experience lack of efficient communication with the coaches. I believe my experiences with my coaches will help the communications to work efficiently.

Through this experience, I want to develop my people-skills, to deal with various personalities, and to satisfy the needs of the others. At the end of the experience, I want to have been able to learn what it takes to be an effective coach and a leader of a certain group of people. If the proposal is accepted and if I would able to do all I want, I would be able to fulfill Creativity, and Action part of my CAS. I will have to use creative thinking skills to build effective communications, and be very active to serve the team. I believe this will be a great opportunity to use various skills into real-life situations and to make use of them to help the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment