24 October, 2011

Third Proposal - Global Issues Network


I had first encountered this activity, when my CAS-adviser, "Mrs. Catherine Wright," gave me some of the topics which I could do for my CAS. First, it was very vague topic for me, as it seemed very similar to "Model United Nations" activity. This, however, changed as I slowly figured out, what I could do, and what I will be doing in the organization.

In this organization, I had to choose a topic from actually 10 topics out of hundreds of global issues, which we could take an action to at least to do something, at least in our own community. Then, until February 2012, I had to contact with many students from so many other international schools to share information about "how we will tackle the problems which we have chosen to deal with." This activity will going to deal with all three areas of "Creativity, Action, and Service" of the CAS, because I have to bring out my creative senses to come up  with possible solutions to the problem. Also, I have to act out such plans to tell people, "I have done this to do better for the society." Lastly, this will be a "service" activity, since the activity will going to try help others, who are in need, to possibly tackle some of the Global Issues dealt in the organization.

In this organization, I will try to learn more about the Global Issues, which should be dealt by individuals, to make the society better for not only wealthy, but also for poor people. This will going to benefit, not only myself, as I will going to learn so much, but also for school, since I will going to represent our school to show what our school did to change world to make a better place to live in. When this activity is done, I will going to meet at least an hour with my coordinator, "Mrs. Catherine Wright" to share and to learn more about the organization we will going to take part in.

Ultimately, my goal of this organization is to possibly learn more about the Global Issues, which cannot be dealt by the government, but by the individuals, and also to learn more about what people can do to make world a better place to live in.

Source - Intrinsicallymotivated | Helping People to Think for Themselves. Web. 23 Oct. 2011. <http://intrinsicallymotivated.org/>.

1 comment: