Last year, I started my first season as a girl's soccer manager. As a manger, I only had minor roles and did not do much for the team. However, I decided to work for the girl's team again. To do this, I will be spending much of my afternoon for the girl's team's practices, and it will be a great experience for myself. Last year, I honestly felt that I did not put 100% of my effort to help girls improve their soccer skills. Also I felt that many of my performances could have been better. My coaches - Mr. Mike MacLean and Mr. Mike Ambrose, like last year, allowed me to join the girl's varsity soccer team. As a member, I will be helping the girls in their practices, and take crucial parts in their practices.
Through this experience, I hope to learn more about being a coach. As a player and a manager last year, I learned about many hard decisions that the coaches had to make as a coach, and such provided me with a great understanding of the soccer. Also ISAC Tournament will be hosted by my own school. Therefore, I will be able to help the coaches in coaching the girl's soccer team during the tournament. From my experience as a soccer player, I will be able to help the girls understand soccer better and more sophisticatedly. So for this year, I am hoping the girls will score more goals and be able to get at least to the play-offs. Last year, girls were only able to score a goal, and could not make themselves to the play-offs.
Also, I hope I will become a better speaker and a leader from this experience. I believe I became a better speaker from last year's experience as a manager. This year, my job in the team will be a bit different from that of last year. In addition, I will be directly handling some of the practices in the team, and I will be helping the girls in their communications with the coaches. From this experience I will be fulfilling Creativity, and Action of the CAS project. From the experience, I will be working actively with different people, and I will be coming up with different ideas to help the girl's team to become better.
No comments:
Post a Comment