09 February, 2013

Final Reflection - Boy's Soccer Varisity

This year's Soccer Varsity was the most memorable soccer season I ever spent in my life. Throughout the season, our team worked really hard and aimed to get the championship. This was more so, because most of the team's star players are graduating the school this year with me. So the team was extremely motivated to work harder and to improve ourselves. Throughout the training, I worked my best to achieve the goals that I set before I started the activity. I worked hard to challenge against the bigger players, and I worked my best to catch the speed of the fast runners. However, I realized that there is a limit to my natural ability. Consequently, I usually used my experience from various numbers of years to deal with such type of players. 
A few days before the tournament, I had a big dilemma when I had a scrimmage game. A day before the game, I became sick. When I was playing the scrimmage game, I could not perform to my fullest potential. Therefore I committed mistakes multiple times, and performed terribly. So I thought my coach would drop me from the team. However, he trusted my ability and gave me a chance to participate in my last ISAC tournament.

Throughout the tournament, I played as a substitute player, and occasionally as a starting player. In my first game, I committed so many mistakes that I almost caused my team to lose the first game. However, the other players played their best to bring about wins in many other games, which ultimately brought our team to the final game. In the final game, my coach put me in a position that I rarely played. He had no other choices in the situation, because other players were not in the right situation to play such position. Surprisingly, I was able to play more efficiently and proficiently than I would have in my original position. However, my team conceded the losing goal in the extra time. Throughout the 30 minutes in the final game, I played my best and exerted my best effort to win the championship. On the other hand, I have learned that my capacity and ability is limited to a certain degree. Also I learned that sometimes a person could be better in other aspects, which may not be anticipated.  

Through this activity, I have learned the importance of opening myself to different possibilities. This is mainly because a person will never understand the true ability without truly testing the ability of oneself. Like myself in the soccer team, I learned more about my potential ability through putting myself in an unfamiliar situation. Through so many years in soccer team, I can truly say that I have learned so much from the experience, and I always learn something new from the experience. From this experience, I became more mature person, and I will never be able to forget about the experiences gained from being in the soccer team.

No comments:

Post a Comment