Throughout my school year as a vice-chair of the MUN club, I have learned so much from the experience. In the club, I had to teach various aspects of the MUN procedures to the members. Also, I had to work with the chair of the group - Shaira Marquez to come up with a feasible plans and guidelines to the members. Through this activity, I have learned that it is nearly impossible to motivate high school students, who are not very interested in the activity. MUN group is a club that needs high amount of devotion to form a knowledgeable group. However, many students simply refused to put in the commitment, because the members knew that the performance in the group was not graded. Therefore, many students did not have much motivation and incentives to work harder.
However, I have also learned that the positive attitude helps a person develop skills. Through the experience, the members who were motivated tend to learn the materials better and more efficiently. Also I figured out that the leader of the group will be more pleased to deal with the people with positive attitude. Through course of my life, I know that in many times, I have to deal with the leaders in a certain group to come up with a logical and productive solution to the problem. Although this is discouraged, favouritism plays much role in providing chances to certain person. I have realised from such chain-of-thought, positive thinkers are more likely to be able to obtain chances and be successful.
Through this activity, I was able to meet different people from different backgrounds. Also I have learned about the diplomatic arguments and discussions. From this experience, I was not able to perform much better than last year, but I am sure that I was able to become better in our skills. Ultimately, I have grown more interested in the procedure of United Nations, and I have also felt that the procedure of UN is not very efficient. I also felt that my English is not sufficient enough to deliver my thoughts. From this experience, I also have learned much about the responsibilities that a leader needs to carry. Oftentimes, I had to choose between two activities, which happened simultaneously with MUN group. Many times, I had to sacrifice the other activity to join the MUN group.
Overall, this activity had been a memorable activity, which I will be carrying out rest of my life. After this experience, I am sure I will be affiliating myself to the MUN conferences in different locations, and I will surely remember participating this.

No comments:
Post a Comment